Librem 13 rubber foot

Yep mine fell off too after about half a year, only one left now. I think the heat from the case weakens the glue. That said, if we’re to request this at a computer store or just find some random sticker of the same size my question is, is there a kind I can look for that will stay stuck (better glue?) or can be locked into place? since it appears that the hole each foot’s post fits into narrows at one side. I have a work provided Macbook that still has its feet on. I think correcting this is important not only for the foregoing points about heat dissipation but also because the M2 drive is in a vulnerable position without a bit of elevation if anyone puts their Librem onto a table with unnoticed liquid. Thanks!

1 Like

Which is completely empty for librem13-v1 :frowning:

The nature of a wiki means that anyone can edit it. On the flip side, it is community maintained so if few people are interested, there will be almost no activity.
Here is a case of the latter, I am afraid. The Librem 13v1 is an early version of the laptop that is no longer being sold and probably not as numerous as the newer versions. Hence the lack of information.
Other Librem 13v1 owners might greatly appreciate it if you took the time to update the wiki.

No one can edit this wiki. If you can, please share how you got access!

It would be very good to know, if someone found a good replacement foot which sticks well. Thanks in advance.

All my rubber foots are gone too, makes it really uncomfortable to use on a table/desk as it just slips away.

Seems like a common problem that should have at least a replacement model number or something.

I believe support now has replacement rubber feet available – I’d email them and ask

3 Likes

I also loose three of the rubber feet on my librem 13 v3.

Is there any additional information regarding those parts?

The wiki contains a lot of informations except for those bloody feet :disappointed_relieved:

It just so happens that we added today the option to order rubber feet from our webshop:

https://shop.puri.sm/shop/rubber-feet/

Also other parts:

https://shop.puri.sm

6 Likes

Oh nice! Given the number of threads about the rubber feet over the years, that should make lots of people happy.

I imagine that doesn’t include any adhesive, though, right?

Maybe the product page could list a recommended adhesive (or just type of adhesive) in the product description? Since that seems to be the common follow-up question people have when replacing the feet.

no picture though …

no, not yet but we are woking on that

1 Like

Thats nice. However, I would like to have a reference number. I live in Belgium, so ordering from your site will cost a lot for such a small part :frowning:

Somehow, I’ve managed to not lose any of the rubber feet…but it’s not for lack of them trying to escape. I’ve now developed the habit of putting a sheet of paper against them when taking the laptop out of (or inserting it into) its case, and when I notice a foot is missing I immediately search the inside of the case for it.

I may just have to tape them on. It won’t be as grippy but at least the system won’t be lying flat on the table (blocking vents, etc).

Ideally a design where the feet actually snapped (or twist-locked) into the holes would be on the table…but I know resources are limited.

Unfortunately the rubber feet are not available in the shop anymore since about 2 years:

Out of stock

My Librem13 lost two, and does not stand steady on the desk anymore.

There is a 3d model of the foot if you have a 3d printer: Librem Replacement Foot

1 Like

Contact Purism Support and ask when they will resupply them.

Purism support told me to contact FLOSS Shop DE which might have parts, but they did not. Floss-Shop recommended to buy Apple MacBook (A1425 A1398 A1502) feet which are virtually identical.

1 Like