Librem 13 Shutdown When Lid Closed

I just closed the lid on my Librem 13 this morning, and when I opened it, the unit had restarted; the battery was not low, and I haven’t set it to shut down on lid close. This has also not happened before; typically, when I close the lid, the unit simply suspends.

Hmm, that’s interesting. I wonder if it’s a coreboot bug that happens only very rarely, and how to make it possible for @kakaroto to reproduce the issue and debug it…

Could it be a kernel thing? I think that the kernel in Pure OS was recently upgraded to 4.12.

I doubt it’s a coreboot issue. It could have been a power surge on the electrical grid which the laptop detected and caused it to shutdown or maybe it’s a kernel issue or just a “rare random occurence”. if it happens constantly then it might be worth looking into it.

Okay, I’ll keep an eye out for it. I’ve had my Librem 13 for almost a month now, and this is the first time this has happened.

This already happend 4 times to me. the last time was 5 minutes ago :slight_smile:

So I would be interested in what is causing it…
I am using Solus 3 on my Librem 13 v2 and this issue appears to happen randomly when closing the lid - I would say every ~10th time I close and reopen the lid.

Any ideas?

This is still a problem I face. It did’t happen in a long time (1 month) and yesterday it happened 2 times again. I would be really interested what is going on. I want to be able to close my laptop, without worrying that the next time I open it, it reboots (with all my programs closed).

Maybe this issue has something to do with it: Frequent unexpected power-off with latest coreboot

I think I am not on the latest Coreboot.

PS: Still love my Librem