Librem 13 Shutdown When Lid Closed

I just closed the lid on my Librem 13 this morning, and when I opened it, the unit had restarted; the battery was not low, and I haven’t set it to shut down on lid close. This has also not happened before; typically, when I close the lid, the unit simply suspends.

1 Like

Hmm, that’s interesting. I wonder if it’s a coreboot bug that happens only very rarely, and how to make it possible for @kakaroto to reproduce the issue and debug it…

1 Like

Could it be a kernel thing? I think that the kernel in Pure OS was recently upgraded to 4.12.

1 Like

I doubt it’s a coreboot issue. It could have been a power surge on the electrical grid which the laptop detected and caused it to shutdown or maybe it’s a kernel issue or just a “rare random occurence”. if it happens constantly then it might be worth looking into it.

1 Like

Okay, I’ll keep an eye out for it. I’ve had my Librem 13 for almost a month now, and this is the first time this has happened.

1 Like

This already happend 4 times to me. the last time was 5 minutes ago :slight_smile:

So I would be interested in what is causing it…
I am using Solus 3 on my Librem 13 v2 and this issue appears to happen randomly when closing the lid - I would say every ~10th time I close and reopen the lid.

Any ideas?

This is still a problem I face. It did’t happen in a long time (1 month) and yesterday it happened 2 times again. I would be really interested what is going on. I want to be able to close my laptop, without worrying that the next time I open it, it reboots (with all my programs closed).

Maybe this issue has something to do with it: Frequent unexpected power-off with latest coreboot

I think I am not on the latest Coreboot.

PS: Still love my Librem

How do we deactivate the lid switch?
I want the music to keep on playing without having dust falling on my keyboard and screen…

Install GNOME Tweaks if you don’t already have it, then go to the “Power” section and switch “Suspend when laptop lid is closed” to off.

Hopefully that solves your issue

1 Like

It’s working great <3

Just to check has the latest coreboot solved your issue?

Have to update coreboot yet. I’ll check back when I did the update.