Librem 13 - Touchpad support on PureOS

Hi,

I received my new Librem 13 last week and was keen on exploring the contained PureOS.

The contained printed documentation features a multitouch touchpad with many gestures.
I do not see any of these working. Normal clicking is fine and pressing in the right corner gives a right click, but I couldn’t find out how to do a middle click or any of the describes muli-finger gestures for changing desktop and stuff. - Did I miss anything?

1 Like

I’m really interested in buying a Librem13 and my main concern is the touchpad. I hear that the touchpad on the rev2 is a lot better, but I wonder just how good it is. So I’l be following this thread (and my own) closely.

1 Like

Yes, please apply the software updates first, which will enable the tap-to-click (and thus gestures) feature by default for you in the Control Center (and if it doesn’t, let us know, that’s a bug).

1 Like

Yes, the update fixed it. Thanks.

1 Like

@michas - I would really appreciate to hear your opinion on the touchpad. Can you comment on how smooth you think the touchpad is? Does two-finger scrolling work well for you? How easy is it to make precise movements? If you could improve anything on the touchpad, what would it be.

If you have any experience with macbooks; how does it compare to the macbook touchpad?

1 Like

@kramer65 very new here as I just got my brand spanking new Librem 14 yesterday, switching over from Mac (been a Mac user for 10 years) and I had the same concern as you… very old thread I know, but as nobody replied, I thought I share my thoughts.

Unfortunately it’s pretty bad news, I only have used Apple Touchpads for the past 10 years and occasionally ones on windows laptops, which are a nightmare… so maybe I’m just spoiled form the Apple ones, but the trackpad on the Librem 14 is very disappointing IMHO, it feels laggy and draggy, not sure how to describe it but I’ll try: If you move your finger on the trackpad, there seems to be a slight delay until the cursor reacts and also when you stop moving the finger on the trackpad, the cursors seems to move a little bit further until it stops. I could live with that somehow, but it for sure is not the Apple experience. What’s worse in my opinion though is the precision of the trackpad. I have huge problems (maybe I get used to it?) accurately moving the cursor on the screen when I need to interact with small areas, like resizing a window or clicking a small “close” button or select text at an exact location, place the cursor in a text editor exactly where I want it it to be… this is really a problem right now and I have no clue if there is even a fix or improvement possible… wish I had better news for you but maybe @joao.azevedo or somebody from the team can comment on that?