Librem 13 v3 No longer charges

I’ve had my librem for 7 or 8 months and as of Monday evening, the laptop is no longer acknowledginf the AC adapter, and thus won’t charge. I tried taking the battery out and connecting the AC to it. No lights indicating it sees it, doesn’t power on. I checked to make sure there were not blown or bulging capacitors etc., On the boards, and that all was connected properly. I even went to the store and picked up another universal adapter and it doesn’t see that either. Battery conn credit or not. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it safe to assume I just lost over 1600 bucks after less than a year?

1 Like

Email support@puri.sm if you haven’t already. I suspect you can at least return for laptop for repairs.

I have emailed them. Here I’m mostly curious if ithas happened to others.

I have seen people mention charging issues, but I think every case has been either a bad battery or a bad charger. I haven’t seen any cases of something on the board itself being a problem.

1 Like

It seems to be happening to me too, but I haven’t taken anything apart yet, so can’t indicate a solution.