Librem 14 Qubes: Attach Mouse to dom0

I have a few wired and wireless Logitech trackballs, and I would like to use them with Qubes on my Librem 14.

I have setup disposable debian-minimal-based sys-qubes (sys-net, sys-usb, etc.), and I cannot get any of my trackballs to work in dom0. Whether the qubes.InputMouse file in /etc/qubes-rpc/policy/ has the setting “sys-usb dom0 ask,default_target=dom0” or “sys-usb dom0 allow” dom0 does not seem to recogize any of these trackballs as a mouse. There is no auto-attaching, and there is no menu pop-up asking permission to attach to dom0.

I do not know what else to do to get this to work. Can this be done on the Librem 14?

Does it work in non-minimal qubes? Perhaps this question is too specific to Qubes, so you may have a better luck asking on the Qubes forums.

I have no experience with Logitech’s trackballs but if you have normal USB mouse in hand you should test that first.

Also make sure you have the following packages installed in the minimal template for sys-usb: qubes-usb-proxy and qubes-input-proxy-sender

1 Like

Installing qubes-input-proxy-sender was the solution. Thank you.