Librem 15 v4 motherboard RAM options

I’m aware that Purism can’t share motherboard schematics just yet, and that there are RAM options up to 32GB when ordering the laptop, but I was wondering how many RAM slots there are in the motherboard?
I have a spare 16GB DDR4 chip, so I’d be looking to order a Librem 15 and add that in to the existing RAM.
If anyone who has one would be able to let me know, that would be great.
Thanks very much :slight_smile:

I have a Librem 15v4, and I verified that there is one RAM slot. I upgraded from 8GB to 32GB a couple of months ago.

Thanks for that @Mand - I’d seen a photo somewhere of what must have been an earlier version which had 2 slots.
I know not to do that just yet then.
Thanks!

Thanks for the clarification @Mand. do you know if I can use a stick with more MHz then 2133, e.g. this one? https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-M471A4G43MB1-memoria-ordenadores-portátiles/dp/B07N124XDS/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=32gb+ram+stick+sodimm&qid=1592135947&sr=8-1

Thanks in advance.

Probably but you won’t get any benefit in speed.

See also 32GB RAM single slot compatibility with 13' which appears to be talking about the exact same memory module. Technically, the other post is talking about a Librem 13 but I doubt it would be different in a Librem 15.

1 Like

Thanks, especially for the link to the other thread.