Librem 5 and NexDock 2 TOUCH

Being in the market for a Linux based phone currently I’m looking into pre-ordering NexDock 2 Touch for future compatibility. Since I haven’t found any conclusive statements with regards to video output over USB-C on this forum I’m curious to know if any of the current Librem 5 owners has been able to hook up the device to a NexDock 2 (non-touch) and willing to share the results. I have contacted NexDock, they could not confirm just assuming and expecting the video output to be fully functional for NexDock 2 Touch since Purism is taking pre-orders for the Librem 5 24" kit Can anyone confirm?

3 Likes

Well, I’ve got a Nexdock 2. Guess what I don’t have.
What you probably should be asking Nex Computer is if the Nexdock’s USB Type-C port with the picture of the phone next to it will accept a Displayport signal, or if that port will only accept an HDMI signal as input. The Librem 5 has Displayport output over USB-C, but it seem it would need a firmware blob to also output an HDMI signal.
HOWEVER! I am confident the Librem 5 will still work with it, because they say that the Galaxy S8 will work with it, and, evidently the S8 is also a device that only supports displayport alt mode.

1 Like