Librem 5 — Development Chronology

One small item out of many:

Sadiq submitted a patch to upstream GNOME Settings that allows to show a QR code when enabling hot spot mode so it becomes easy for other devices to connect.

It’s good to know that hot spot mode is actively being worked on and will presumably work at Evergreen if not already - since that is the kind of daily driver functionality that users, particularly road warriors, will want.

I don’t know that I myself would use a QR code, as I assume that is only really useful for connecting other phones.

2 Likes

Well… if The Timeline references the Chronology, the Chronology should probably return the favor.
I took it as a nudge to add the 14 most recent posts :sunglasses:

6 Likes

5 months later, it’s about time for an update… Added 30 31 new blog posts.

11 Likes

2020.11.12 Librem 5 4500mAh Battery Upgrade

2020.11.17 T1 Modem Variant Works In Librem 5

2020.11.18 Librem 5 Mass Production Phone Has Begun Shipping

2020.11.18 The Journey to Shipping the Librem 5

2020.11.23 Mobile/Desktop Convergence

2021.01.12 Librem 5 Update: Shipping Estimates and CPU Supply Chain

5 Likes

Perhaps the new post fits here:

3 Likes

https://docs.puri.sm/Librem_5/History.html

2 Likes

Huge improvement overall seems coming up for Librem 5. :trophy:
GNU+LNX
Libre Software.

1 Like

Is there a specific update you are alluding to?

• powersave
  • haptic improvement
  • tons bug fixes in gnu and linux side.
  • tons features in gnu and linux side.
  • big acceleration overall, increasing more powersave, speed, this will take a little while, but coming up looks like.
  • add/enabling full gpios extension, this add lot 3rd party things
  • suspend reliable
  • modem reliable
    • pretty much improvement everything overall, so the Librem 5 for some reason will be fully the best gnu+linux phone in the world not matter the heavy and the thickness, of course the thick and heavy has its reward that is a truly truly gnu+linux modular phone. like nokia n900.
      What i can see is that Purism Team they working really hard to finish this libre L5 complexed device, this gnu device it a lot more complexed than a linux_opensourced device, so i guess that at some point purism will delivery a fully polished librem 5, but we need beer with purism because they seems it working with a very little budget making the librem 5 slow development. L5 it is too the first truly autonomous device also it is base of other machine like mnt reform, pinephones.

peoples: STOP talking bad about Purism if you do not know what is going on…

5 Likes