Librem 5 for sale (Evergreen, unshipped, you choose modem, etc.)

I was one of the original backers for this, but it’s been too long of a wait. My current phone (Android) broke, and I’m forced to buy something now. It’s going to be a long time before I need another phone, so I’m selling my place in line here for a brand new Librem 5 Evergreen. They have not confirmed my ship date yet, so you can still choose your modem, etc. I’ve spoken to customer service, and they confirm they will be able to transfer the order to another account if I can sell it here. So I’m doing that.

On a side note, I’m glad I helped fund this project. I’m also glad to be able to sell this to someone who will get more use out of it than I will at this point.

All offers will be considered.
Thanks!

EDIT: Someone asked for my order date. That’s Oct 6, 2017

7 Likes

But what is the order date?

Oct 6, 2017

Update: This item is now sold! Thanks for the interest!
-C

4 Likes

Related to your order date October 6, 2017 (mine is October 7): have you been contacted by Purism to select the modem etc.?

Not yet. But now I sold it to another user. So any new requests for information from Purism will likely go to them.

I don’t get this. Isn’t the supply of the L5 up to about Sept 2017? Th op’s order date.is Oct 2017. I would think his phone supply would be imminent.

Brad, this is exactly the point of my question, because for a month or so there are no new L5 supplied behind order date September 30, 2017. I.e. the OP was until selling his L5 order not even contacted by Purism to verify modem etc.

They had said that the order would ship “Sometime in April”. That was some time ago. Of course they also said that YEARS ago too, so… yea. Major grain of salt with any shipping estimates from Purism. To their credit, they were very quick today to transfer my order to the buyer’s account. I wasn’t expecting them to help us get that done the same day, but they did.

3 Likes

Yeh, sorry, I was just musing out loud. Its mystifying.

Purism wrote me on January 29 this year «We estimate your Librem 5 will ship in April 2021». At least, they’ve added the year 2021 so we know which point in time is meant. And April still has plenty much days left…