Librem 5 Mass Production Started Shipping

I am not without qualms when it comes to Purism. But even after a wait that has been waaay too long, I still think their intentions are good.
it is good to stay critical (specially when it comes to marketing - remember Bill Hicks?), but in this case I see no need for the acidic comments above.

Keep up the good work, Kyle!

1 Like

Your acidic comment about Ameriocans (or did you forget?). I see no need for that either

Do I really need to remind you of McCarthy?

But all that is completely besides the point of what has been said in this thread, really.

Lol Ha Ha Etc

What is that supposed to mean? I see words but very little content.

Besides, why look for a fight with someone who, like you, sticks up for, Purism?!

True. Bill Hicks was just a smart Sam Kinison. They both died way too young. I have all Hicks cds . He was one of the best. Only the good die young?

Thank you for your post.

I guess we are all eager to know what will come :slight_smile: Shipping Center in Europe, Librem 10, Librem 5v2, Librem 3 (Librem Smart watch), Librem 30 (The Librem TV) ā€¦

1 Like

:+1: Good to hear we are on the same side in more than one respect. :wink:

Good conclusion! Just do so and deliver L5 devices. And, please tell us how many you delivered last week so we all could know this and not depend on messages ā€œI got mine!ā€. This is all I was asking for and didnā€™t wanted any discussion about Apple or SPC or all this.
Thanks and keep the good work.

2 Likes

Just like the dysfunctional family I know and love. I argue/debate with all my friends.

I can respect and appreciate that. bro!

Yes, but you, Purism, you are paid to do that. By whom? By some people who took the hard way, who took the risk of paying for it, who made even sacrifices by not compromising to the easier wayā€¦ And after all those delays and problems and questioning, it is still hard for those peopleā€¦ it is still only the beginningā€¦

Librem Router, Librem Printer, Librem VR (Oculus has been occupied by fazebook), Librem Games with GTP (Grand Theft Privacy), Librem Car :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really? Even the employees of Purism are human beings. They need to feed themselves and their families, need a place to sleep and have to think of their health, etc. What do you think they earn at Purism? Iā€™m 100% sure most of the people over there could get much more money with another employer - but instead they chose to take lower salaries, work longer and so on just for their getting us free hardware and software.

Please donā€™t reduce this to a usual customer - company relationship. Just because you spent money on the Librem 5 doesnā€™t mean they owe you their lifes.

12 Likes

Donā€™t sweat the downers, letā€™s see them try to develop an open source Linux phone. I for one appreciate the hard work that everyone at Purism has put into this project, the blood, sweat and tears. Some people are only happy when they are complaining about something. Donā€™t listen to them they will just drag you down to their level.

10 Likes

Are you actually serious dude? Purism is delivering products that are a dream when it comes to protecting users privacy and theyā€™ve been able to prove it and show their progress. Sure they have not always been as transparent as they could have been. Sure they have left us in the dark with burning questions. But they are taking the hard road to accomplish what needs to be done if we want to free ourselves from the government and big tech. They are paving the way for the future of tech privacy. I have gladly waited years for the project to come to fruition because I believe in the bigger cause of protecting users privacy, actually owning the device you bought, and not having your data sold. It takes time to make devices that can do that. As long as they deliver (which they definitely will and have) who cares how long you wait or how transparent they are.

7 Likes

I believe the attackers are actually Apple Google Microsoft or other phone makers perhaps Samsung, who are desperately fearful of Purism.
Please do not be discouraged. They hire professional psychologists to attack you any which way they can. Look at the precedent. Linus Torwalds created Linux. Now Apple Google and others all use some variant of Linux and call it their own OS iOS etc. Your motives have been inspired by the despicable tactics used by the current Phone and OS providers to steal our personal info . This is just more of the same despicable tactics. Be Brave, you have our desperate support.

What part of what I wrote isnā€™t true?