Librem 5 media (photos and videos)

It isn’t listed in the schematics, but it has to be a white LED, because it is controlled by the TI LM3560 which is designed for high-current white LEDs and doesn’t have RGB control. It provides 16 levels of brightness and can output up to 5V x 2A (10W) with a single LED.

4 Likes

if it did it would have made for a nice discombobulation tool (blue light 7000k + rapid strobe)

3 Likes

Where do I back the Discombobulation app? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

first a blunt weapon now a discombobulation tool ? every undercover-agent’s wet dream :rofl:

2 Likes

Please let this topic be about media, avoid off-topic.

4 Likes
10 Likes

For details see:

2 Likes

It turned out that a newer GNOME Maps version works much better:

5 Likes
5 Likes

It’s fairly warm from what little I’ve used of it, around 3000 I’d think yes. A “warm white” as they say.

is it like ‘that’ by default ? did you massage any settings ?

The schematics don’t show a way to adjust the color settings. You will probably have to desolder the LED and solder in another one that is whiter.

1 Like

I’ve only turned it off and on so far, but I’m fairly sure @amosbatto is is right about that, so in all likelihood you won’t be pleased with flash photography in the middle of the night. That being said, is that a big consideration? Are you going cryptid hunting and not taking a better camera?

did i mention before that a bright blue light strobe is better against aggressive stray-dogs as well ? instead of the 3000k i mean. 6000k is better if defense is one of your application cases. for me this would definitely come in handy as there are a lot of stray-dogs in my area. and not only …

whatever it ends up being i’m sure this would be the least of my worries :wink:

8 Likes

I am very interested in this and would like to know where did the app came from? Was the .apk for the banking-app simply copied from another android phone or is it possible (was actually used) to use /install apps from the play store?

1 Like

In my case I just downloaded it manually from Play Store using some alternative client and then copied it to the phone and installed via adb install.

There are apps that allow you to browse and install things from Play Store, like Aurora Store - unfortunately this one seems to crash in Anbox and I haven’t tried alternative ones so far.

5 Likes

would the same payment process be more secure/private if done through the web-app (web-site) directly on PureOS/GNOME-Web/FireFox ?

As far as I know there’s no way to use BLIK mobile payments from the website, you need the app for that. From the browser I can only do regular transfers that are two-factor authenticated via either the app or SMS.

2 Likes

Thanks for the explainations. Especially for apps like banking apps or other apps for official authentication a more secure procedure than using alternative app-stores would be beneficial. A super secure phone is only as secure as the apps one HAS to use.
Nevertheless, great job… reduced many concerns.

1 Like