Librem 5 Missed Calls

Over the past few months, I have carried my Librem 5 all day, along with My Android phone at the same time. The Librem 5 seems like it might be a good enough daily driver to perhaps start leaving the Android phone at home. I can charge the Librem 5 while sitting at my work desk most of the day and can do banking and make purchases on my Android phone after I get home from work. I use Mint Mobile. But I have one concern that has kept me from relying strictly on the Librem 5 so far as a daily driver.

Several people in the past here on this forum have said that they miss some of their calls on their Librem 5. How many people here have had this problem? To complicate things, I absolutely do not use voice mail at all. I had voicemail turned off on the carrier level a few years ago and just call back any missed calls when it is convenient for me. If you’re with Mint Mobile, you have to escalate that request all the way up to T-Mobile to make that happen (another topic).

1 Like

I haven’t had any reported ‘missed calls’ but I do know that if I am out of service when a call comes in, I am not notified of it, and can only find out about it if they leave a voicemail, and then only if I check my voicemail.

2 Likes

Would you be notified of that on any other phone? It’s not really something a phone can do on its own, it needs to be notified by the network (and in my experience, if a carrier provided such service at all it was done either via SMS or USSD, and both work on L5).

2 Likes

My Android phone does not use any messages about missed calls. But I can see the missed call listed in my call history, with a little red broken arrow next to it showing that the call was bounced out, even if my phone never rang. If I make a call and someone answers, the same arrow is green and points up. If someone calls me and I answer, the green arrow points down. If I am traveling outside of cell coverage area and someone calls and my phone is not visible to the network when the call tries unsuccessfully to reach me, the broken red arrow will still appear hours or days later when I eventually enter cell coverage area again. The Librem 5 doesn’t seem to have an equivalent feature.

2 Likes

I’ve been using a Librem 5 as a daily phone for over 2 years now. Nobody told me in this period that they could not reach me on my Librem 5 when I had it on (note that it happened several times that I ran out of battery and the Librem 5 was off. I do not count this as missed calls). I have to say that I do not make normal phone calls very often.

2 Likes

That is what I was talking about.:+1:

1 Like

Now if only I could get VVM working so I don’t miss voicemails…but I have never been able to get it to work.

2 Likes