Librem 5 needs to be reloaded. OS corrupt

Librim 5 FOOBAR’d. No WIFI when switch on. How do I reload Purism? Are there directions ?

1 Like

If you are looking to reflash the Librem 5, here are directions for Byzantium:

1 Like

WOW! Thank you for the quick reply with instructions. My Linux machine is a Thinkpad X301 with USB ports can I use a USB A to C cable rather then the C to C that is used to charge with?

1 Like

Yes you can.

Thank you again. I asked this because I just flashed a chromebook wit a SuzyQable cable and it had to fit just right. X301 USB ports are 2.0 . I might temporarily put PureOS on a HP Zbook for the USB C speed.

1 Like

Sure, the instructions I provided are for a PureOS image on a USB drive, but you can also install an operating system if you prefer. I am confident Ventoy will also work in a similar manner.

I would rather use a USB flash drive. I have a few with C connectors. Will the flash image script call for a flash drive?

1 Like

No, it is not a requirement.

Think I am all set. Will try this tomorrow after two bowls of Wheaties.

1 Like

The flashing went smooth… but now when I power on the phone it asks for a - disk decription passphrase - and when I enter the one BEFORE flashing, it errors out! I tried 123456 and also error. I thought the flashing would set everything back ??

1 Like

Your Librem 5 should be fully functional. The default passphrase is 123456 as you stated. Try doing some basic troubleshooting such as ensuring the hardware kill switches are deactivated and turning off and on your phone.

I pulled the battery and held down the power switch and… IT WORKS!
Doing the software updates now.
The flash procedure worked perfect on a MX Linux notebook.
Thank You.

2 Likes

Great, mark my first post in this thread as a solution.