Librem 5 shipping email

Somewhere that is easier to find (for a non-developer), then, maybe.

And it still seems strange to name an image file the same as the file you use to load said image file.

Anyway. Thanks again. I hope this will finally work.

the developer mind works in mysterious ways …

1 Like

It works!
Thanks a bundle, amosbatto.
In the end it took just three command lines (an apt-get for qemu, the image download, and the qemu execution), and a bios tweak to get things going. Not that hard. Wish the documentation would have been that helpful. (It could, for instance, be a lot easier to find a link to the right image file.)

The wait for the Librem5 is getting so frustratingly long, that I decided to have a look at an emulator. Would be nice if it was a tad more accessible.

2 Likes

here ! you might find it helpful if you’re messing with QEMU > https://lbry.tv/@DistroTube:2/virt-manager-is-the-better-way-to-manage:b

Thanks, reC. I will check it out.

Yes, the image build page is confusing and there is no stable link to get the latest Qemu image, so you have to hunt for it.

That be a Negative. Today is the 50% mark for the month of Nov. Looking forward to an email soon.

1 Like

@davedarr, Several people have reported getting the email, but it only went to people who were offered Birch, Chestnut or Dogwood, and they declined in favor of Evergreen. To be in that group, you probably had to order the Librem 5 between 2017-08-24 and 2017-08-30.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I’m in that group but I haven’t received the email yet.

Im assuming your referring to this…?

1 Like

Nope, not this one, seems you ordered mid-oct 2017 (categorized as ‘general backer’), so you will be after the USA version

1 Like

It is a bit confusing, but every single person who ordered the Librem 5 was asked for their preference of which batch to be in.

After the preferences were collected, only a small number of people were actually offered a pre-Evergreen device (because there simply have not been that many pre-Evergreen devices). Those who were actually offered an earlier device but decided to wait for Evergreen are the ones getting the first batch of Evergreens.

3 Likes

When it comes to a very very long wait, it is the very final moments where one gets restless. The shipment announcement is probably that exact time. Now that the Purism has started to send out shipment emails, I check my mailbox a trillion times a day to see if I received the email.
@Kyle_Rankin what I noted through all your replies, responses that you are too diplomatic when you answer a question. It is understood that whatever you say here might get used against you. But in the case of the shipment announcement, I think all that was needed was “We are now ready to ship the Librem 5”. Shipment emails will be send as per the queue in which orders were placed.
The early backer, shipment batch sequence, priority et al, adds more confusion around everything.

6 Likes

@buzzLightyear Agree.
The fact that they won’t hand out refunds when they originally promised it, tells me what I need to know.
A company that commits breach of contract, will do it again. Just my 2 cents

So glad I opted for my PinePhone instead.

1 Like

@G332, well I did not opt out for the very reason that Purism is someone who are attempting something that requires time and most importantly patience.
So, I am with Purism on time aspect, it is okay that they are taking long. I believe it is alright to take time as long as you do it right first time and then eventually every time.
What I don’t like it the fact that get diplomatic in answering to the very people who funded their project. Their answers are neither Yes nor No
That being said, I won’t be abandoning the ship and patiently waiting for my email.

2 Likes

People will gladly put on a blindfold to not see lying and deception and live out the fantasy in their mind to fulfill the attached emotions.

2 Likes

G332, hows the pinephone working for you?

Does everything work fully?

Do you have the manjaro edition?

I ordered the pinephone manjaro edition but got one with postmarkos on it and am now trying to decide whether to flash the device or not.

1 Like

But bro, with your obvious distaste for purism, why are you even here? Have you nothing better to do then to wait for your refund?

6 Likes

LOL. I could ask you the same question, have you got nothing better to do than to criticize somebody who has different opinions than you?

2 Likes