Librem 5 USA Release Schedule

A lot of great things going on. It looks like the initial email on the USA was a year ago. There is an occasional update, but I wondered if there is a shipping schedule for this. Any news?

From https://puri.sm/posts/the-librem-5-mass-production-shipping-faq/

“at this point we expect all current Librem 5 USA orders to be fulfilled by the end of January 2021.”

2 Likes

I do not yet have mind. I converted my order in January of 2020. Any update on the shipping release for Librem 5 USA?

It got delayed (as everything these days…), but it should be now a matter of weeks rather than months as AFAIK things are steadily progressing regarding its production.

6 Likes

Dont you think that Purism should actively inform about such delays of both L5? It seems that for a month no L5 has been shipped.

That is why they do not provide any forecast. Because you can only DELAY things if you have one define a TARGET. With no target defined, no delay. We had broad discussions here in this forum about their information policy. Conclusion: No hindsight and willingness to improve here.

3 Likes

This is partly wrong. Purism sent me in Feb a mail “We expect your L5 shipping in April”. Well , April isn’t over until now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What is your order date for Librem 5? September 2017?

October 7, 2017, National Holiday of the country I‘m from.

1 Like

I bought the standard Librem 5 in September of 2019. I upgraded to the Librem USA in January of 2020…so 17ish months ago.

1 Like

Interesting observation from my side; I ordered mine on 23rd October 2017. If you received your email back in February for the 7OCT2017 order, I wonder where is my email even after a wait for more than 2 months :thinking: