Librem 5 won't power on

Hi.

My barely used Evergreen Librem 5 has sat in a drawer for months and now I can’t get it to power on. I have tested the Librem 5 charger and cable with another phone and I have tried another phone’s charger and cable on the Librem 5. I tried the procedure detailed on Purism’s website under Charging Problems ( https://docs.puri.sm/Librem_5/Troubleshooting/Charging.html ) but nothing happens, no screen, no lights, nothing.

I have a spare battery so I put that in and the phone worked! I left it on charge and went out for a few hours, thinking the battery was charging. When I got back, the phone was dead again. Same as before, no life at all. I presume the power from the cable is not reaching the phone / charging the battery so the battery went flat. Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Like

Take the battery out. Plug the phone to a power supply with a USB-A to C cable and try both USB-C orientations. Is there any reaction from the phone?

I left it on charge

Was the red LED on?

1 Like

Take the battery out. Plug the phone to a power supply with a USB-A to C cable and try both USB-C orientations. Is there any reaction from the phone?

No reaction. :frowning:

Was the red LED on?

Yes, the red LED was on and the screen was on. A few hours later with the phone plugged into the charger, the phone was unresponsive.

The phone should at least try to power itself on after plugging USB in. This sounds like something may be damaged, please contact support.

It happened to mine you have to remove the battery and pit it back in

1 Like

Thanks but I have tried that multiple times without success.