Librem 5 won't wake bug

I’ve finally managed to figure out how I’ve been crashing the phone (been seeing this since May, when I got the phone), and I’d like to see if others can reproduce or if it’s just my phone.

What happens: The phone will not wake back up up. Screen stays black and the phone needs to be power cycled to get back in use. (hold the power button down for some time twice to shut it off and boot it back up).

Steps to reproduce:

1. Set the kill switches to the following: with Modem, and Wifi/Bluetooth hardware switched on. Mic/Camera switched off (This is how I use it most of the time)
  2. Press the power button to turn off the phone’s screen
  3. Switch off the Wifi/bluetooth (hardware switch)
  4. Switch off the Cell Modem (hardware switch, all three should be off now)
  5. Wait 5 seconds
  6. Press the power button again to try to turn the screen back on.

If I do this on my Librem 5, The screen will not turn back on and I am forced to forcibly reboot it to get it back in working order.

Been able to reproduce this 100% of the time. I’m hoping others can and it’s not some weird issue on my phone.

6 Likes

Hi, I’ve been having the same problem and it always happened when I switched off all the switches, including the modem, but did not take the time to find a way to reproduce. I followed your instructions (turning off the wifi after the modem) and I could not reproduce it, but then with the correct order (wifi off -> modem off) I could reproduce it. The phone is working (music playback continues) but it’s just impossible to wake it up

1 Like

I was not able to reproduce the bug on my amber Librem 5 using the steps to reproduce.

1 Like

Ok, I’m running Byzantium so it must only effect that

I can not reproduce that Bug on Librem 5 R4 Byzantium all worked very nice here. I did the test without a sim card.

1 Like

Interesting,
Did some testing… Removing the sim card or turning off mobile data stops this from happening. Thanks! This narrows it down.

2 Likes

I recommend that you file a bug report about this issue at https://source.puri.sm/groups/Librem5/-/issues

You will need to register first here: https://source.puri.sm/users/sign_up

1 Like

Indeed, one is submitted at:

Sadly they can’t reproduce it :frowning: