I’ve finally managed to figure out how I’ve been crashing the phone (been seeing this since May, when I got the phone), and I’d like to see if others can reproduce or if it’s just my phone.
What happens: The phone will not wake back up up. Screen stays black and the phone needs to be power cycled to get back in use. (hold the power button down for some time twice to shut it off and boot it back up).
Steps to reproduce:
- Set the kill switches to the following: with Modem, and Wifi/Bluetooth hardware switched on. Mic/Camera switched off (This is how I use it most of the time)
- Press the power button to turn off the phone’s screen
- Switch off the Wifi/bluetooth (hardware switch)
- Switch off the Cell Modem (hardware switch, all three should be off now)
- Wait 5 seconds
- Press the power button again to try to turn the screen back on.
If I do this on my Librem 5, The screen will not turn back on and I am forced to forcibly reboot it to get it back in working order.
Been able to reproduce this 100% of the time. I’m hoping others can and it’s not some weird issue on my phone.