Librem Mail: Custom Domains & Aliases

I’m currently a reluctant G Suite user. The service is amazing, but I want to move to a FOSS-based, privacy-respecting service.

One issue I have is that I rely on being able to use a custom domain and email aliases. Curious if Librem Mail will let me do this or I should look into ProtonMail instead.

Currently, no. But many others have requested it (myself included) on the Matrix channels, so I think they will be looking into it. I have no idea what sort of timeframe it might happen on, though.

Same here.

@taylor-williamc this should be all or nothing, since it makes no point having it on one service
while not being able to use it on another.
As far as it seems, for the mail its a bigger priority, the Matrix thing is just a nice to have chat addon.

Yes we have received feedback from users asking for this feature and will consider it.

Every small voice helps, right?

Well, I was going to switch over to Librem mail today from Protonmail because of your other integrated services and thinking of buying a Librem 5. Only, I discovered quickly that I could not point my domains mx records at Librem like I can with Protonmail. Please don’t follow Apple’s approach to software of limiting customer choice in favor of oversimplification. For me mail is the critical feature, but I’ll keep an eye on where Librem One goes in the future. I do think Librem One is a very exciting new product, but Protonmail has it beat for mail–at least for now.

I’m reluctantly sticking with G Suite until somebody comes up with something comparable in terms of features and functionality.

I second this.
I would like custom domain names, but multiple email aliases is non-negotiable for me.

I would jump right in if they offered custom domain support.

Disroot.org allow you to connect your own domain
also https://mailcow.email could manage a server for you