Librem Mini14 - Crypto - Qubes - Yubikey

Hello there,

I’ve been looking at almost every YT video about Qubes OS /Purism product and I find it very interesting. My main use would be to trade/protect my crypto. I have another PC that i usually use for work/gaming.

I’ve tried to install Qubes OS via VM on my normal PC, but I cant get the internet to work. From my understanding the Qubes requires a specific type of hardware. Therefor I am looking at a new PC from Pursim. Ill have some questions before ordering one.

Pursim Questions:

1. I don’t like to use a laptop, so how does the Mini compare to the Librem 14? Negative/positive sides?
  2. Are 32GB ram enough or should I go with 64GB?
  3. How necessary would a 2nd SSD be for backup?
  4. I would like to use the same monitor, keybord and mouse. Are there any negative sides to use a KVM switch between my main pc and the Librem Mini?

Crypto and Qubes questions:

1. Would the 24 word seed phrase be secure in the vault?
  2. Is it possible to install Binance and other crypto wallets on Qubes?
  3. Would a Yubikey work in Qubes OS?

General Qubes Questions

1. Would consider myself kinda tech savvy, but with little to non Linux experience. How difficult is it to master Qubes OS for my use?
  2. Are there other mini pc’s that work good with Qubes or are Librem Mini the best alternative?
  3. Where is the best place to start learning to get more comfortable with Qubes/Linux?
  4. Anything I should know before ordering a Librem Mini and starting with Qubes?

Thanks alot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ive tried qubes on my mini with 64G ram. It works, but you need patience as a fast CPU is quite as important as a lot of RAM with qubes I have found. It does certainly work though.

As my needs doesnt really need qubes I decided to go back to Fedora for now :slight_smile: