Librem One mail Server IMAP or POP

I have configured Librem.one email on Thunderbird and it all works fine thank you.

I just wondered if Librem.one has a POP mail server and if so, how can I switch from IMAP to POP.

Thanks

It doesn’t look as if Thunderbird lets you change an account from IMAP to POP, or vice versa. So

  1. You would have to create a new account within Thunderbird.
  2. Did you try it? The Librem Mail documentation seems contradictory about whether POP is an option, so I would just go for it. If it works, great. If not, comment further here.

I use IMAP in T-bird. But I daily re-file most incoming to local folders. For stuff I need synchronized between devices, I leave it on IMAP.

Thanks Kieran

I know how to create/recreate accounts in Thunderbird, thanks for suggesting.
If I knew the Librem.one POP setup details, Server Name and port and security settings I would have set up a POP email account. But you are also right I could not see this info in the Librem Mail Documentation., does anyone know? Thanks

Thanks Tracy , I do something similar already. But I prefer POP mail.

T’bird should guess the port pretty well by itself. You always want TLS, and POP3 with implicit TLS is on port 995 by default - which I expect T’bird to default to.

The host is the tricky part. I would try pop.librem.one and, if that fails, I would try imap.librem.one (they resolve to the same IP address anyway, so the host name only makes a difference from the point of view of getting a valid certificate).

Looking at the Generic setup details, Librem Mail is just using default (completely standard) ports - but unfortunately POP is not listed there - so it leaves you guessing as to whether POP is not supported or POP is just missing from the documentation.