Librem15 with no RAM/HDD option? A few other questions

In reading some reviews on the web, several have stated that laptops could be ordered without any ram or hard drive…is that still and option, or no?

I’m looking to buy the 15v4 (or will it be v5 as v5 is unavailable right now. :smile:) and likely won’t be using PureOS on it. I understand that it somewhat defeats the purpose, and could easily buy a System76 machine, but I really like the all aluminum case and design and light weight as I travel a good bit so it makes more sense to me to use something like the Librem15. With that said…

• How do firmware updates, or coreboot updates get handled outside of PureOS in another distro?
  • Any one have a good recommendation on a bluetooth mouse to use?
  • Any good recommendation on USB Ethernet adapter? I occasionally need one being a systems administrator and need to plug into hardware.
  • If I stick with PureOS, can I add other apt repositories, like Ubuntu? One stoping feature for me is that I need the Evolution Mail plugin for EWS as my company uses Exchange - I’ve requested this from Purism and they requested it up stream and it hasn’t happened yet.

This isn’t a recommendation from me but here is someone reporting a well-behaved one: Terrible WiFi performance with Librem13, Librem15

Probably depends on which other distro. Definitely Ubuntu?

You can definitely add other repositories. In some cases that might create a mess. In other cases it should be fine.

See also Installing evolution-ews (your own enquiry). Maybe follow up there.