Librem15v4 and QubesOS: USB Issue

Hello,

I’m having a USB port issue on my Librem15, and I believe it is hardware related. The problem has persisted across two operating systems. The behavior was observed while I was still using PureOS. I recently have switched to Qubes, and I still see the issue.

One of the 2 USB 3.0 ports is not responding to a Yubikey or a Librem Key. The other 3.0 port works, and so do the other 2.0 ports. When I input the Yubikey into the port, the light flickers rapidly, instead of momentarily turning on and then back off. Note that the port does respond to a normal USB thumb drive.

In Qubes, I open a terminal in sys-usb, and run the lsusb command. This is what I see:

[user@sys-usb ~]$ lsusb
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 04ca:300d Lite-On Technology Corp. Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0627:0001 Adomax Technology Co., Ltd QEMU USB Tablet
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Also, whenever I turn on my sys-usb VM, even without having any USB devices connected to my laptop, the 04ca:300d device is available to connect to other VMs. Is this normal? I did not know my Librem15 has an internal Bluetooth device. I’m assuming the Atheros device is somehow related to my Wifi card, and the QEMU USB Tablet is somehow related to my USB C port. Is this right?

Can anyone explain this behavior, or is anyone willing to help me with troubleshooting this problem. Ideally, all of my USB devices would respond to my Yubikey and Librem Key.

Any help is appreciated.