Librem5 patina?

Drop testing anyone?

It doesn’t seem like much, but the dispay numbers at the end indicate a proper boot sequence starting. Multiuser System had less than 512KB, expandable up to 2MB.

I do note they removed any connecting cables between components. I think the result may have been different had outside ports been pulled out.

1 Like

Happy this was brought up. I have 2 coming so shall be sure to pick up another roll of duck tape before I get my it’s coming email. :sunglasses:

Regarding the original subject line. I’m reminded of how color gets applied to metal. Unless something new has come up, it is called anodizing, my first experience with anodized aluminum was 60 years ago as a kid when colored aluminum cups were popular in the dining room. They were tinted in light colors, yellow, green, orange, & blue. When you had ice with kool-aid you could feel the cold right away. (Which may explain the L5 heat.)

Anyway the color does not come off like paint. You have to scratch it, which explains the light patina.

1 Like

Well, the metal on the L5 scratches quite easily. So, nothing new there, probably. Maybe the L5 will develop a bit of a rugged look. Like well used aluminum camping gear or some of the tools I own. I wouldn’t mind that.

Speaking of camping gear and color (here is an intersection losing 6 degrees of separation) there’s a wargaming buddy of mine who owns a prepper store. It includes camping year and well, even canned water. Then I noticed the knives with bright colored plastic handles.

He told me they’re not for hiding in a combat war zone, but if you drop one in a forest, you’ll want to find it again.

Elsewhere on this forum I suggested brightly colored plastic back covers for the L5 (as well as transparant ones, and rubber coated ones). They could do the same for the L5. :wink: