List of Apps that fit and function well [Post them here.]

@biggaz, I have been unable to download the flatpak for the gnome-kodi-remote, so a new pointer to the tile would be appreciated, thanks

1 Like

@amarok this seems silly but I can’t figure where you go in the app to get to the login screen in Girrens

Do you not see the same screen as in the post you replied to me from?

I don’t have an account, so I can’t go any deeper than that screen.

I never find the window as to where to put the account I just see the below…

Relaxator (flatpak; by Alex Kryuchkov):

Doesn’t adapt in portrait view:

Landscape view works; options include:

3 Likes

Mobile Settings (sudo apt install phosh-mobile-settings):

(I wasn’t sure if the U-boot entry was a serial number, so I masked it, just in case) [EDIT: It’s a version number, not a serial number]:

Keyboard shortcuts doesn’t quite fit in portrait view:

Vielen dank/many thanks to @guido.gunther and @sam.hewitt! Very nice!

EDIT/Sep 8, 2022: There has been an update to this app. It now includes a control to apparently add “Widgets” to the lockscreen. It’s not functional yet, though:

The update also caused some screen adaptability loss, but I’m sure @guido.gunther or someone will fix it. :wink:

8 Likes

“Shuffle keypad” is a welcome addition.

2 Likes

Will this be part of the gnome settings app?

No, it’s a separate application.

It’s like playing Sudoku to log in :smiley: My muscle memory is fighting it [login/pin keypad randomizer] but I absolutely love it!
Never again use your phone drunk :wink: Thanks @guido.gunther and @sam.hewit!

[edit to add: it’s actually not that difficult after a few tries]

Would this app be something to add settings about HW switch / wifi and BT behavior, for instance? I’d really like to be able have them (and preferably by default) off after using HW switch. Some other ideas may popup as well…

2 Likes

GNOME System Monitor:

Doesn’t adapt to the screen, although it’s still totally usable:

But opening the new phosh Mobile Settings app while System Monitor is running allows you to make it auto-adapt*:

To end a process, select it to reveal the End Process button:

*You can also make non-adaptive GNOME apps fit the screen with a terminal command. Example: gsettings set sm.puri.phoc.application:/sm/puri/phoc/application/org-gnome-systemmonitor/ scale-to-fit true. (Use false to revert it.) The change persists indefinitely, as does the Mobile Settings method.

4 Likes

The U-boot entry should be a version number not a serial number. The shortcut page issue is common to several application. As for the scale to fit sections, it only shows applications that are opened at that moment, I suppose so that you do not have a endless list there. But the setting is persistent.

5 Likes

Maybe relevant for readers of this thread: New apps of LinuxPhoneApps.org, Q3/2022 - 400! :tada: | LinuxPhoneApps

3 Likes

It’s functional now: Lockscreen widgets

1 Like

A few days ago Mullvad VPN released v. 2022.5 of their linux app. It now supports arm64 architecture. You can’t download from their website though. You need to get it from Github at https://github.com/mullvad/mullvadvpn-app/releases/download/2022.5/MullvadVPN-2022.5_arm64.deb

Installed cleanly, and runs really nice!

I also tried ProtonVPN. Their linux app was problematic everytime the phone would go into suspend mode. I couldn’t re-establish network connections because their kill switch would be active. even though I had it turned off. And using their openvpn config files didn’t help either.

Mullvad rocks though! The app runs nicely so far for me.

8 Likes

Myuzi, a player that streams from YouTube without ads, click-bait, or even an account – the only way to use YouTube.

This app, found on FlatHub, works great on Pinephone Mobian Phosh. Somebody please try it on the L5. I expect to get mine before New Year and really look forward to using it there.

1 Like

It does work, but I cannot create playlists, as the new playlist pop-up closes when I try to type the name of the playlist on the squeekboard.

1 Like

Gnome Calendar app it is no usable on mobile, swiping gestures arent taken into account and putting your finger anywhere in the calendar pops up a dialogue of adding a new event instead of say opening from week view to day view, or viewing existing events that week or day (and scrolling around in existing events), i am using Karlender a much better implementation for mobile touch based devices

Is GNOME Calendar supposed to have swiping gestures built in? (I don’t know.)

It’s annoying that this doesn’t immediately provide a cancel option, but at least if you tap “Edit Details,” you can then cancel.

I think it’s intended to do this via the tabs at the bottom: Week-Month-Year.
At any rate, the app is much more functional than it was in the early days.

Cool. Can you post a couple of screenshots?

I have felt free to report it: https://gitlab.com/zehkira/myuzi/-/issues/66

2 Likes