Live Install / OEM install Aborts ( libc6-udeb )

When installing PureOS to a Librem 13 (TPM) the following error occurs during Disk Partitioning:
“Loading libc6-udeb failed for unknown reasons. Aborting”

Additionally, after booting into PureOS with pureos-8.0-gnome-live_20180116-amd64.hybrid.iso the Install PureOS application will not run.

Ideas and advice welcome…

This might not be a direct solution to your problem, but I can say though that I had issues installing PureOS from live install too.

As far as I know there are two ways of installing the OS:

• you click the live CD option (from the boot menu) -> you check out the OS -> you click a dedicated button from the OS interface saying smth like “install PureOS”
  • you click the install PureOS option (from the boot menu) -> you go through the installation process

So in my case, the first option gave me errors and I had to reinstall it by using the method nr. 2 and it worked like a charm. Hope this helps.

p.s. please don’t try and search for the exact button/word names I wrote, they have an indicative purpose only, I don’t know what are their proper names. Like, live CD might actually have a different name, like live install or smth.

Thanks for helping!
I’ve heard from Purism Support on this and there is a known installer issue with a fix pending in the next couple of days.

Live CD (your method #1) installer doesn’t run for me (looks like it fires off, never loads).
Live Install (method #2) has my error.

1 Like

The live installer didn’t work for me either due to a python library problem. You can fix it temporarily (without waiting for a new release) by booting the live image, then opening a terminal and typing:

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libboost_python-py36.so.1.62.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libboost_python-py35.so.1.62.0

Then run the installer, either from the menu or by typing:

pureos-installer

in the terminal window.

-Shawn

2 Likes

Thank you very much for this insight! Followed your method, and I am now operational on my desktop. Big salute, sir!

Installers have been fixed in latest image snapshots.

3 Likes