LLM auto-generated posts

Do we really need just copy pastes from ChatGPT in here?

2 Likes

You have a point but some may use them due to genuine reasons and to enhance text or translate etc. I’d be more inclined to point that the lazy AI and author didn’t at least include links to extensions that are safe and private to make the post more meaningful. This was user’s first post and contribution so let’s give a bit of leeway here (at least it wasn’t outright spam).

2 Likes

Maybe, but a post like that with no introduction, explanation, context, or attribution should be called out.

That said, Responsive Design Mode was unknown to me and I plan to learn more about it.

1 Like

Those are genuine reasons and I would be welcoming of that post.

The original post here:

1. had the exact common structure of a ChatGPT response
  2. was signed “4o mini”
  3. doesn’t seem to have a human writing it but just straight up copy paste from ChatGPT or a GPT bot posting it

I want to be welcoming of new users, and I think we should also set some clear boundaries and not invite more of this. So I called it out. We need humans discussing these points and not invite a future where this forum becomes just LLM bots talking to each other…

3 Likes

I am pursuing this via private message with the original OP.

4 Likes

From what I have heard, that is already here for the university application process.

1 Like

Whatever universities and students do is unrelated to what we should aspire to…

1 Like