Logged out after Xwayland crash

More and more often I get spontaneously logged out of my account on my Librem15rev2 with PureOS. After logging back in, I find a core in my homedirectory. Investigation of the core with “gdb -c core” gives

Core was generated by `/usr/bin/Xwayland :0 -rootless -terminate -accessx -core -listen 4 -listen 5 -d’.
Program terminated with signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
#0 0x00007f209125b85b in ?? ()

I have the suspicion that this is caused by a GNOME shell extension (“dash-to-dock”), but I don’t know how to verify this.

Anybody else has similar experiences?

While for some time, this problem seemed solved, it came back with a recent update (I am now on Linux librem 4.19.0-5-amd64 and Gnome 3.30.2). Probably is around now for 1 week or so.

Randomly kicking me out when I try to access something via the GNOME Shell Extensions Dash-to-Dock or Applications menu, but also if I try to open an application which aks for a display (like emacs) from the terminal. gdb -c core output is same as above.

If you take comfort in numbers :slight_smile:, I have seen this too, but not lately. At the time, I collected the same information you did.

I do not have dash-to-dock, but I do have dash-to-panel and disconnect-wifi. I am also using the apt-update-indicator, but as a user. These may have been updated since I saw the problem; I do not remember. gnome-extensions is now at 3.30.1.

I have not seen this for a few months, so assumed the updates took care of it. I will post here if it happens to me again.