Looking for a Podcast Manager

Can confirm that the ENV variable crashes it. The desktop view while not ideal is usable for the most part but no necessarily optimized.

I joined the Kasts matrix chat, and described the problem. Devs were super receptive, and they are able to reproduce the problem (on a Pinephone with Phosh). They’re working on isolating the problem now…

4 Likes

Awesome thanks for doing that…fingers crossed, might be something simple.

Nice! If you wouldn’t mind, please put in a suggestion to respect the system dark mode setting. I can definitely see myself switching fro Gnome Podcasts when they both of those.

One-line fix that resolves an issue in half a dozen KDE mobile apps: https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kirigami/-/merge_requests/999

There is a reasonable expectation this will be released within the next month. I was able to apply locally and confirm that Kasts does work in mobile mode with the patch. :tada:

I’ll leave ‘dark mode’ for later :wink:

2 Likes

I was lurking in the user group and saw that, good work!

I already asked in the Kasts group about automatic suspend not being overridden by a currently running podcast, have you noticed that behaviour @bear454?

I’ve not run into it, but I will give it a try today.

Finally Kasts Mobile View works with last version of flathub (running sudo flatpak override --env=QT_QUICK_CONTROLS_MOBILE=1 org.kde.kasts to force it). See also 467893 – Unable to launch when forcing mobile view

1 Like

I use gPodder with the Sayonara music player. Works great.

One can always use a script to wrap a program in a gnome-session-inhibit command to prevent suspend while a program is running.

1 Like