Low battery notification

I read up about battery management, and have been trying to follow the recommendation to charge to 95%, discharge to 20% and repeat. Sadly, the low battery only shows up in the status bar, with no pop-up or audible notification. I get busy working, and the next thing I know, the laptop has powered off because the battery hit its critical low setpoint.
I did some searching, and and found the Gnome Power Manager, that allows you to configure low power settings, and notifications, but it isn’t in the Pure repository.
Looking for recommendations: is Power Manager the way to go, are there other better options?
Thanks in advance

@Amarula

Hi, if your problem still persists, it would be best if you sent an email to: support@puri.sm
With a description of your problem so that the support team can help you.

Hi @Amarula we did a check and regarding your questions:

Gnome-power-manager should already be installed in your system. You can confirm that by opening the terminal application: Tilix and using the following command:
apt list gnome-power-manager
and pressing enter. It should show something similar to this:

With the information you provided us so far, two things you can try are: install the Gnome-Shell plugin: Battery- status, and check your systems notifications.

1 - To install Battery-Status

The easiest way to do it is by opening the Software application:

v-001

Use the search tool on upper right corner and and search for the term: Battery Status

• Press the search result
  • Then press install
  • You will be asked again if you want to download the gnome extension and install it, press install

After it’s installed you will be presented with the option to open Battery-status settings:
v-05

And edit them if you want:

v-06

You can see and edit these settings at anytime by using the application Tweaks and opening the option Extensions

2- Checking your notifications system

• Open you settings application
  • Select the option Notifications on the left panel
  • On the top of your notifications page check if all notifications are enabled

v07

• If they are not, then activate them.

• Scroll down the page to see the power notifications button and if notifications are enabled, it should say on.

v-09

• Press the power notifications button to open the settings of power notifications, and see if popup and sound notifications are enabled

power-notification-settings-02

Let us know if this solution worked to solve your problem.

Thanks for your reply @joao.azevedo.
You are correct, when I checked Power Manager is already installed. I had previously verified that notifications are enabled, and all the power notifications are enabled. I also turned on the messages for the lock screen.

I will try installing Battery Status, and let you know if it changes anything.

I would like to point out the helpfullness of this support reply . So solid , clear and complete. Thumbs up . Nice one , keep it up.

Still not getting any power notifications: not when I plug in, not when I unplug, not when power reaches 100%, not when power drops to a low level, not before it goes critical and turns itself off.
And yes, the support here in the forums as well as from the official tech support email is amazing. Thank you!

@Amarula Thank you for your feedback, we will investigate and reach back to you. One question by the way. Are you able to see the battery percentage in the right side of the top bar?

Sorry for the delay in responding, yes the battery icon and percentage show up at the top right. I tried installing battery status, and it showed up in the top right in addition to the default battery icon, which I found annoying, so I removed it again. Thanks again…