Major Issues after "OS Update" on Librem 5

this is the returned result:

NOTE: This is only a simulation!
apt needs root privileges for real execution.
Keep also in mind that locking is deactivated,
so don’t depend on the relevance to the real current situation!
Reading package lists…
Building dependency tree…
Reading state information…
The following additional packages will be installed:
linux-image-6.3.0-1-librem5
The following NEW packages will be installed:
linux-image-6.3.0-1-librem5
The following packages will be upgraded:
librem5-base-defaults linux-image-librem5
2 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Inst librem5-base-defaults [61pureos1] (62pureos1 None:10/byzantium-updates [all]) []
Inst linux-image-6.3.0-1-librem5 (6.3.7pureos3~byz1 None:10/byzantium-updates [arm64]) []
Inst linux-image-librem5 [6.2.13pureos3] (6.3.7pureos3~byz1 None:10/byzantium-updates [arm64])
Conf librem5-base-defaults (62pureos1 None:10/byzantium-updates [all])
Conf linux-image-6.3.0-1-librem5 (6.3.7pureos3~byz1 None:10/byzantium-updates [arm64])
Conf linux-image-librem5 (6.3.7pureos3~byz1 None:10/byzantium-updates [arm64])

1 Like

Nothing’s unusual then, except of you using sudo apt upgrade when you should use sudo apt full-upgrade.

No, nothing’s out of ordinary there. The message is about physical keyboards in the console.

No need to bother unless you want to use other on-screen keyboards than Squeekboard.

2 Likes

That was the solution. Thanks :+1:

1 Like

I’m just now seeing this thread. I have not turned on my L5 for almost two weeks now, was going to start it up before I saw this thread, so therefore my L5 has not encountered this upgrade (and the resulting problems) yet.

Am I understanding the current situation correctly: At this point if I turn on my L5 and run the offered updates as usual I should avoid the problems discussed in this thread?

And, is the recommendation that I run any updates via apt in the command line, or use the Pure Store - or does it not matter?

1 Like

I am always ssh connecting to my Librem 5 from my Debian laptop and using apt (apt-get) to update (upgrade).

2 days ago I upgraded my Librem 5 without any problems.

1 Like

I recently updated today using sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y just fine, but I do happen to have flashed a very recent Evergreen LUKS and DAS U-Boot image.