Make Firefox More Private and Secure

Curious to know what you all think of these suggestions:

2 Likes

Even if article is from 2022 it seams a bit outdated like a copy paste from older Firefox. For example the about:config network.cookie.cookieBehavior can be set from 0 to 4 if you follow the guide. But we have also a 5 from update to FF 86.

Some of those options are already set to privacy by default, others are not. And of course you always have to be careful by editing about:config. It also can break things you may don’t know in half a year or later.

3 Likes

Two things missing from the recommendations that I think are important:

1. FF multi-account containers, which I have configured to separate cookies into multiple silos. I think it is most important to protect your email, bank and gov (IRS, SSA) in separate containers and of course if you use FaceBook, it should be by itself in its own container
  2. a third-party password manager. I think Bitwarden has the best set of features and the free version is very capable and the paid version is inexpensive
    I also configure uBlock Origin to achieve the blue badge by global disabling of third-party js scripts and frames
    Good post. Thanks for the URL.
3 Likes

This is the one I use
2 Likes

This one mentions Decentraleyes, which is a browser extension to provide private libraries for common content delivery network blobs that compromise privacy. From the details:
• Protects privacy by evading large delivery networks that claim to offer free services.
• Complements regular blockers such as uBlock Origin (recommended), Adblock Plus, et al.
• Works directly out of the box; absolutely no prior configuration required.

1 Like

Some item within the FF guides posted in this thread made it impossible for me to log in to Netflix. :rofl:

Oops…

don’t worry. here’s how every show on netflix ends:

“it sucks at the end”

You’re welcome :stuck_out_tongue:

:rofl: Too right!

And all the “reviews” say “this happened, and then this happened, and then that happened, and it was soooooo sloooowwww, and nobody told me it was subtitled, and then finally this happened, and that was the end.”

Why not just download Librewolf, it a folk of Firefox , plus is more private and better then Firefox.

It the browser I use on my Librem 14 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Certainly an option.