Microphone just gives white noise

I’ve got a Librem 13 on which I’ve got Ubuntu 18.04 installed. Ever since I booted it up for the first time the built in microphone only generates white noise. Here’s a screenshot of it in Audacity (I guess you can imagine how it sounds):

msGos

My sound input settings look as follows (it’s in Dutch, but I guess it’s self explanatory):

6T8M0

As you can see in this screenshot there’s some sound, which is the white noise which I hear in other programs. I’ve tried in multiple programs (Audacity, Skype, etc), but the result is the same in all.

Does anybody know what the reason of this white noise could be? Is this a software or a hardware issue? Any way to debug this?

All tips are welcome!

1 Like

Hi, please contact support@.

1 Like

@kramer65 @mladen Was there ever any resolution to this? My microphone is starting to have this issue now.

EDIT: I did a little more debugging and discovered that whether or not the microphone works has to do with the angle that my librem is open. If the librem is partway closed, the microphone works. If it is open for normal use, the microphone only produces white noise.