More information on NVMe options?

The online store is very anemic on details about the M.2 storage options… which is disappointing considering the prices are literally 4 times of the open market (and that is only considering premium manufacturers like samsung on amazon prime)[1]

What exactly will we get for $500 NVMe 500gb? or the $650 NVMe pro?

[1] Samsung 970 PRO 512GB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD (MZ-V7P512BW) <$170

replace with

“considering the prices are literally 4 times of the CLOSED market”

LOL. you got me. Good point.

But actually, the libre store doesn’t mention anything about what it is they are selling. I doubt they will have an open source firmware for what they sell. If so, i’m up to paying 4x the price.

they haven’t made any official statements yet but someone said that it might be a possibility. it stands to reason them beeing a privacy/security oriented bussiness. maybe not now but who knows what the futures holds … i do believe that the prices reflect this possibility. this is based on what i’ve seen with the librem key so far.

If that is true, it is a more vague promise than a joining a kickstarter :frowning:

it can’t be helped i guess - the prority right now is to neuder the Intel ME and getting the librem 5 out then it’s libreboot and after that maybe this.