Need answers before buying

Can I run the Libreum right out of the box or will I need to do all kinds of setting up and messing with all kinds of technical stuff? Can I run the Librem using the A/C power supply? Is there a Ethernet connection? I guess that’s it for now.

1 Like

Speaking from my experience…
Works out of the box, although it tries to boot from my extra hdd disk so I have to hit the escape key and select the ssd
Yes A/C or batteries
No ethernet on my librem v2, wifi works great

1 Like

This is probably due to old coreboot version, we send new devices with newer coreboot version.

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me so quick. I appreciate it. Two more questions if you don’t mind. Will the Libreum 15 ever be made with an Ethernet connection? If you didn’t have two HDD, would the computer boot correctly?

1 Like

Unlikely, but if anything means to you, I’ll check this with our CEO.

Yes, but it must boot with two disks properly, this is just a temporary problem. Let me explain:

Latest coreboot versions boot M.2 disk by default. Our oem installer should be configured to install on first disk, which should always be M.2 form-factor disk, as far as I understand. Something there is not okay, we’ll see to fix this.

A user can, however, install a system on his own to whatever disk they want, and later re-flash coreboot to set whatever disk to boot first.

1 Like

As WIFI still is not always stable enough for working e.g. in Universities, this actually would mean quite a bit to not only me.

Until then for newer liblrems this means to use sucha thing: https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-1000-Gigabit-Ethernet-Adapter/dp/B00M77HMU0

… still on 13v1 with ethernet – would prefer to have it again in case of an update.

1 Like