New and Advanced user tutorials

I just noticed there are two forum badges for completing user tutorials: “Certified” for completing the new user tutorial and “Licensed” for completing the advanced user tutorial. I’ve never seen either of these tutorials, though, and I can’t find any reference to them in forum posts.
What are these tutorials?

2 Likes

gosh, it’s been a while since i’ve been “certified” :smiley: :wink: imo it’s just how Purism decided to put in place an individual “helper” for newbies. imo it’s good to have but forum veternans will hardly need it. it looks good on the profile “CV” though :wink:

2 Likes

If you really want the tutorial just shoot a message to @discobot and find out. It’ll keep you busy :popcorn:

3 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

Interesting, thanks for the tip. I just completed both tutorials and while the new user training was definitely nothing new, the advanced training showed me a couple of features I didn’t know about like making polls and hiding spoilers/details.

Definitely kept me busy for a little bit :popcorn: (that emoji should get my third badge for today)

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: The meaning I picked, the one that changed my life: Overcome fear, behold wonder. — Richard Bach

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

@discobot start tutorial

i’m wondering if we don’t have multiple discobots here on the Purism forum. we should set up a way to confirm that we’re EACH seeing the SAME thing … else how can we tell for sure this isn’t just a hypercube tailored to each of us :wink: