New Post: Get Your Hands on the Librem 5 for Just $699

That does not justify the end users grief. It doesn’t make it OK to ignore some customers whose device doesn’t work.
Big deal. So they spent money - OUR MONEY BTW!
And they have the gall to ask, several times, for minimum of $500 give-a-way to help build a new crimson and hardware!

And, the quest to start a “crowdfund” for Crimson! How about a ‘crowdfund’ to fix the L5 before starting another round of buyers-as-beta-testers.
If they cxan’t finish one thing, how can anyone be expected to lose money on a new unknown?

And their “2023 financial performance” is supposed to make the L5’s perform better now?

I can appreciate what you’re doing for them, but there are many that would disagree. All the pomp and circumstance via ads, and supporters doesn’t fix anything. It may only capture the innocent. IMO of course, based on my experience with the citrus fruit I received.

I realize that my harping about it will get me ghosted but I will be in good company. Speaking of companies, professionals realize they have to provide a good product or the Internet will do them in.

To me, and it’s just my opinion, the verbiage used in the ads is disinformation - but are not most ads on the Internet! Doesn’t make it OK.
~s

1 Like

I provided answer to whether people are still buying this phone. The answer is Yes.

Your concerns are answered by other metrics. I guess you are more interested in knowing if any core developers are working on Librem5. Again the answer is Yes. Suddenly Sebastian is back dealing with kernel level bugs, camera driver updates, merging old patches etc. This could benefit Byzantium, Crimson and Dawn.

4 Likes

Nope. Guessed wrong.

I find that very hard to accept because I don’t know who you are or by what authority you claim “Yes” to. But I do appreciate your opinion. And, as I’ve been reminded of many times, this is not the L5 support. The company has customer support elsewhere. If you are with that ‘other’ support, great! Maybe you could light a fire under support@ and find out how we get instructions on flashing(?) the kernel.

That and layoffs just suggests part of the company is ‘dysfunctional’.
Poor Sebastian though, who has the old-stock of whatever Byzantium is to fix - if he does, and now has Crimson & you say Dawn(!?) to deal with. I wonder if anyone is left that deals with support@.

Lack of support from there is old hat and it looks to be hit and miss. For me, it’s miss, miss, miss. I guess 3 strikes and we’re ghosted.

If the device actually worked as stated we wouldn’t be having this back and forth.

Sincerly,
:ghost:

1 Like

He is either contracted to work or doing it for fun. He is probably happy :slight_smile:

Dawn is the new Landing Repository. Dawn is not important for now but it makes Crimson closer to a releasable state.

I wish you luck sending mails and bye.

2 Likes