New Post: Librem 14 Update: Freed EC, Shipping Beginning in March

Fair comment but Kyle has been completely transparent that that is what it is based on.

There is still time for another skyscraper-sized object to get stuck in the Suez Canal.

If there is one thing we have learned, it is that for a Purism pre-order … GET IN EARLY. That way your order will be least delayed. :slight_smile:

“ship” is not equal to “receive” though.

5 Likes

Fair catch, that is my mistake. I did mean “receive their laptop shipping notification” which may not be the actual shipment if the customer doesn’t reply promptly to the address confirmation email.

2 Likes

You misunderstand.

We were given a very detailed explanation of the current status; a current delay of a couple of delays, which is a delay of the shipment to Purism; and that shipping from Purism is immenent and will commence after the shipment to Purism arrives; also shipping parity should be reached around mid May barring any unexpected delays or unexpected order spikes.

There is always the possibility of something coming up unexpectedly, that is not saying “there will be more delays”.

Sometimes things are nuanced and impracticle to boil down to 140 characters without breaking the meaning.

3 Likes

Then I understood wellanyway, we can only wait to see it…

1 Like

For what it’s worth. I have yet to receive my shipping notification. I expect as one who ordered in February, that I will be on the tail end of the shipping parity chain.

HOWEVER

I am delighted to know that it will arrive soon. There’s a certain magic in the wait. If nothing else - it gives me extra time to research different options for Qubes. For example - network printing. I have never tried it. How does one do it? How does it work?

The wait is always worth it. J’attend.

1 Like

Now, this is what I call real transparency. Promises are explicitly separated from goals and a possibility of unexpected changes is acknowledged.

3 Likes

That was not my understanding, reading the first post above (does not mention a specific batch of shipment):

@Kyle_Rankin - can you confirm whether this 4 cell battery change on default config applies to all future L14 shipments (with one m2 slot used) or only the first batch? Thanks :slight_smile:

I got the address confirmation email and replied, but after ~4 business days I haven’t heard anything back… not even an automated reply. Is there anyway to confirm receipt of the reply?

You’re all waiting for the shipping to start so that you can get your laptops. I’m waiting for the shipping to start so that I can get my money back!

here’s the email I got from the support in January:

We have received your request for a cancellation and full refund for the
product you have pre-ordered. We cannot fulfill your request at this
moment. Once your pre-order is ready for shipping, we will contact you
to confirm delivery details, such as your shipping address. At that
moment of contact, if you wish for us to NOT ship to you the product you
have pre-ordered, we can offer other options at that moment.

now I can understand all the shipping crisis because of the COVID, but don’t understand why I can’t cancel my order because of the international shipping delays!

1 Like

There are others topics discussing the cancellation policy and the last few changes to it. While I am sympathetic to your situation, I do think that conversation is best had in another thread.

2 Likes

I agree with @OpojOJirYAlG, and while also sympathetic, I don’t think this is the right place for it. That being said…

There are now a few people in these forums that have sold their pre-order and effectively have gotten ‘their money back’ without having to wait for actual shipping. Have you considered this? From cursory observations it seems like those sales happen pretty quickly. Given the state of shipping, and also how close we are, it is likely it will sell fast…

I wonder if it might just be where you are at in the queue?

For reference, the info for my pre-order:

Pre-ordered: 6/12/20
Address Confirmation Email: 3/26/21
Finalize Address Confirmation: 3/30/21

I haven’t received tracking information, but I assume that will happen when the little beasts are physically stamped with shipping labels or when they make their way to the couriers.

Edit: Also, did you choose to fill both M.2 slots? If you did maybe that’s the hold up–due to the 3-cell battery required?

Ye, I apologize for my outburst. You guys are doing good. I ain’t helping adding to stress. Disregard that and sorry again for that rudeness.

7 Likes

I’m in your same boat. I got the address confirmation email and requested a cancellation, but they haven’t responded yet (5 business days now).

I actually requested a cancellation. My info was:

Pre-ordered: 7/30/20
Address Confirmation Email: 3/26/21

Still no reply… most places at least have an automated reply that they received your message.

1 Like

Gotcha, okay! :confused:

Don’t get me wrong, I do agree, I wish there would have been an automated email to at least know if a response was received or not.

1 Like

Well…time will tell. Just tough to get excited when so far, and no offense, and perhaps I am mistaken, but 100% of your estimates since last summer have been wrong, regardless as to the reason. Along with your ending qualifier of “if something crops up…” to cover you once again, if it takes all of May, or longer, instead. It’s just hard to think positive about it all. So, for now, I’ll keep waiting…

i want to buy (as in OWN) a shipping container on board the ship that got stuck in the Suez-Canal so that i can legally board the ship and take my L14 …

can we collectively do that ? LEZ-GO-BOYS !!!

2 Likes

I placed my order on Feb 4th and I have not received an email yet. Anyone else get an email that placed an order after the new year? I am guessing I will be part of phase 2 or 3.

Thanks

A post was split to a new topic: MARVEL is currently at phase 4 right now