New Post: Librem 5 4500mAh Battery Upgrade

But if I wait for the confirmation email to arrive (say, in February), there might not be in stock all the accessories I want to buy. A later purchase of accessories is not feasible for me because of the high shipping cost.

Purism knows how many phones to build but it can only guess how many accessories will sell. I don’t see Purism keeping large stocks of them…

So an easier way to preorder the accessories would make me happy…

1 Like

I think you may mean something like this. They are cheaply found online - just connect you own USB charger on the side of it. I’ll test this as soon as get an L5 with a battery. Worked with Nokia batteries though.

you could try pitching Purism’s L5 and battery accessory to some local online-shop that AFFORDS buying these in higher quantities and then order from them assuming that their stock is still standing.

I have one that I bought on Amazon years ago and used it to charge batteries from half a dozen different phones (it has movable charging pins). The only drawback that I can think of is that you will have to make sure the one you buy will open wide enough to hold the presumably large battery. The spring on mine broke a few months ago – I’ve been using a rubber band to hold batteries in ever since.
Edit: I apologize for the long quote – I only quoted less than 10 words, really. It even shows that way when I went back to fix it. I can only conjecture that it is an artifact of Firefox on Pinehone Manjaro. Can’t wait for my Evergreen!

1 Like

Also depends on the orientation of the pins relative to the opening i.e. may need to open wide enough for the width of the battery or may need to open wide enough for the height of the batter.

that’s how gov. does it and it’s worked out so far …

From one of the videos, I captured this:
L5 battery - 2000mAh Birch
So, no problem there.

1 Like

Which video? Can you point us there?

Probably not - it was a while ago, maybe as far back as the ones from Chestnut or Dogwood. That image is part of a frame and I think the back of the phone was shown and battery taken off. It was posted in the blog.