New Post: Librem 5 Visual Walkthrough

Have a look at what’s running on the Librem 5 today.

14 Likes

That video was excellent. I’m sharing with some friends and family so they can actually see what this phone I’ve been talking about for a few years now is all about. Good work David!

2 Likes

My my, the page is actually a bit slow - someone else must have been looking too :smiley:

2 Likes

Very nice presentation! I couldn’t tell though, is the “hot spot” function enabled yet, or are they still working the kinks out? I have tethering/hot spot enabled on my rooted Android because I refuse to pay twice to use my data on a different device. That function will be a big part of when L5 becomes a daily driver, so I’m curious.

We are getting there. You can track the progress here: https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/gnome-control-center/-/issues/107

2 Likes

Hotspot and standby are the two things remaining that are of interest to me. I’m really impressed with the work and know that great things are in store .

Really can’t wait to get mine, and get it all setup to my heart’s content.

Truly amazing achievement! Good work, Purism team!

1 Like

+1
I’ve done the same.

And thanks much @amarok for answering all the questions tirelessly. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@david.hamner Hi, David! I was just watching this great walkthrough again, and it reminded me that I’ve been meaning to suggest slowing down the speech a little bit on all of these videos. I’m a native English speaker, but even I have to frequently stop and rewind a few seconds to catch everything, sometimes repeatedly. Maybe it’s just me, but the words just seem to fly by too rapidly. I can imagine that non-native speakers could find it difficult.

I bow to the majority opinion, though. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Maybe transcripts would be possible…?)

1 Like