New Post: Purism Differentiator Series

Purism Differentiator Series, Part 1: Summary

Purism Differentiator Series, Part 2: Formation

4 Likes

And the rest of the placeholders:

5 Likes

Well that saves me a lot of work provided that all those links eventually become correct. :wink:

3 Likes

I do NOT need new Post from Purism, i Want, i Need PureOS Crimson on my Gnu Mobile L5 Phone. @francois-techene

3 Likes

Part 3 is published.

2 Likes

Designing and producing hardware is quite expensive and financing Free Software development at the level that we want is also extremely expensive. Especially as we don’t sell software licenses (obviously). Besides the large amount of software development that we have already done and given to the community (Phosh, Phoc, LibAdwaita, Calls, Chatty, Coreboot, Linux and so much more…), the community is hardly giving us any credit so it doesn’t help with hardware sales either. It has mostly all been given for free as in beer so far.

That is why we need to go through this financing campaign first. I know it can be annoying, even for us, but we need to go through it in order to get back to full software development speed. Based on that, we will do a roadmap and software updates will come back regularly.

Crimson is a bit late but is on its way!

Thanks for your support anyway! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Part 4, 5, and 6 are published.

3 Likes

Part 7 is published.

3 Likes

Keep on rocking it guys. The entire world has tried to bring out a pure Linux phone and after all of this time the L5 is now my daily and handles calls, text and email perfectly.

Your team has accomplished something that seemed almost impossible and even Mark Shuttleworth messed up his attempt despite having the resources.

4 Likes

Part 8 and 9 are published.

3 Likes

Part 10 published.

3 Likes

Part 11 and 12 are published.

3 Likes

Parts 13 and 14 are published.

2 Likes