New Post: Thank You For Joining Us

The market size is small, but idealistic :D.

Did you read Makers by Cory Doctorov? His visionary New Deal economy, well I can now see it shaping up a bit. We, as individuals, can do so much more (while knowing less about what we are doing :wink: ) with technology nowdays. The same goes for small teams. Of course, Big Tech grew disproportionately more powerful.

Here’s the link (legitimate) to Cory’s book. I wholeheartedly recommend it to people of the forum:
https://craphound.com/makers/download/

1 Like

Thanks, for both your linguistic clarifications. (Right, English is not my first language, still when reading specifications I do try to apply “strict parsing” so that differences like “that” vs. “, which” are noticed. Just in more informal communication I admit to get laxer about this, and I assume that I’m not alone in this).

The deeper misunderstanding (on my side) was, to consider Librem5 a “successor” of things like Ubuntu Phone (that’s where comparison to non-failed efforts comes into play). While in terms of the strictness of privacy Librem5 is an advance, it is a step backwards in terms of out-of-the-box every-day-usability. I’ll leave it to others to judge whether that misunderstanding could have been avoided by a different style of communication up front.

3 Likes