New version? Thunderbolt?

I realize freedom respecting might limit this, but I honestly have no idea so I figured I would ask.

Since the new intel processors and USB type C have come out and have support for thunderbolt aka 10 Gbps, will you guys revamp your models soon? Is that in the cards at all?

I really like the prospect of having 1 cable and it charging, connecting multiple daisy chained monitors, and even external GPUs.

Great work on the laptop.

Thunderbolt support in Linux wasn’t good last time I checked. If you have different experience, please do share. :slight_smile:

It has been a while and it seems that Thunderbolt support for Linux is there.
See https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v4.13/admin-guide/thunderbolt.html# and Torvalds repo

I would like to see thunderbolt 2 or 3 in Librem next product.

1 Like

I am curious if Thunderbolt 3 is a feature planned/implemented in current Librem laptops. I have grown so used to using a single cable for my dock. I don’t know if I could go back. Does anyone have any information about this?

I am interested in the Librem 5 (phone) and 13 (portable laptop)

I‘m pretty sure they said it‘s high on theire list. But i think it might be just USB 3.x + DisplayPort + PowerDilivery. This i‘m quite unsure about. I habe read so much about the phone. If i had to geuess where i read about the next gen Notebooks i would try the AMA with Todd on redidit.

Thunderbolt seams to be the goal:

search for eGPU ore usb-c