Hi all, after months of hard work by Eugen Rochko (author of Mastodon), @francois-techene, our sysadmins Stelios and Theo, our chief security officer @Kyle_Rankin, and me (a little bit), our new website is now live on https://puri.sm! There are some rough edges and missing or incorrect content but we’ll be working on solving them in the coming days and weeks.
This new website approach brings a couple of improvements:
- Splitting the shop to its own domain, shop.puri.sm, for better security, resources/performances management, and lightening up the management of the main website
- A clean new look, better-looking product pages, with animations letting you see 360 degrees views as you scroll
- Simplified content in a couple of areas
- More mobile-friendly (feel free to report issues we may have missed on that front!)
- Separation of concerns/access/accounts, independent maintenance paths (a writer/editor doesn’t have all the shop stuff in their face, the main website can be upgraded and fine-tuned for content publishing, etc.)
- Other features that I might forget?
We hope you like it. This has been a long time in the works, and it should allow us to fix some long-standing issues.