One email was enough

Can you chill with the emails? 3rd one already. Please stop.

2 Likes

Only your third? I’ve gotten 6 so far. I haven’t opted out, so I understand I’m on the mailing list, have you tried emailing support@puri.sm to be removed as the email suggests is the way to be removed?

2 Likes

I don’t think a mechanism exists for them to know whether they have sent enough emails if you don’t tell them. Yes, you should opt out using the documented process if that is what you want.

In an ideal world, it would be possible to exercise more fine-grained control over what you receive on their mailing list.

From experience with other entities, it is sometimes the case that you end up on the mailing list multiple times (for a variety of reasons), and hence end up receiving more than one email, so you could check that out with Purism. The reason that I raise this possibility is that I have received exactly one email with subject “Public Offering to Become a Shareholder in Purism”.

You might also look at mail handling rules on the client side.

1 Like

The rest had a subject “Purism 1st Equity Investment”

2 Likes

OK, I have received zero of those subsequent emails. Don’t know why that would be. Not stressin’.

2 Likes

I’v got several of those emails as wel. The most recent one is from Februari 11th.
It’s a bit annoying that they keep sending those. One should be enough.

2 Likes

If you are running Thunderbird then you can set up a Message Filter (mail handling rule, more generically) and handle it on the client side. Then you can continue to receive all other mail messages from Purism but despatch ones about this investment opportunity.

1 Like

I mean, is all good. I can forgive it. But they do have to stop.

P.S. Having to manually email someone to unsubscribe is a bit tyrannical. The unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email is a well understood technology.

5 Likes