PIA VPN not working. GNOME or PureOS?

I subscribe to PIA VPN. I’ve attempted to use it on my Librem (running the latest stable PureOS), to no avail.

I’ve followed the instructions - NB: WARNING! This will attempt to download the PIA tarball. Simply cancel and view the instructions): https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/installer/download_installer_linux - and it doesn’t seem to be functioning correctly in GNOME. If I go to Activity, it will reveal my login window, and after logging in, everything seems to disappear.

I’m a bit flustered right now. I don’t like using the internet bareback (without a VPN). Please help if you can.

Many thanks for any insight anyone can provide.
LS

Not sure if this is still current. The PIA client works on my PureOS, although it does many things I actually don’t like. You can also download the openvpn configuration files from the PIA website and run directly with openvpn. The config files are here.

I completely understand that. I’m going through to set this up at the moment myself, including a killswitch using iptables. In case this is still of interest to you, let me know and I can send you more details soon.