Plasma Mobile on Librem 5

I tried installing Plasma Mobile with instructions on Install Plasma Mobile link. But it did not work.

Has anybody tried installing Plasma Mobile on Librem 5? Was the attempt successful?

Interesting. I didn’t even know those instructions existed. I was planning to try out Plasma Mobile by installing postmarketOS.

Why Installing instead Testing? :wink:

I guess that Plasma Mobile will in Gnu Crimson. :wink:

Purism

1 Like

The installation instruction at the Install Plasma Mobile are fine. I modified the deb Index of /debpm/ buster main to use bullseye.
The phone boots fine after the installation. But the Plasma Mobile GUI does not show up. The screen is blank. @dos, do you have any suggestions?

Try the instructions here to install Plasma Mobile: Librem 5 and KDE Plasma mobile - #30 by lgtmak

I’m just starting to experiment with PostmarketOS now. I tried install plasma-mobile and it didn’t manage to boot into the GUI, instead showing a console login. I couldn’t log on as the keyboard input only seemed to work 50% of the time, so didn’t manage to enter my password.

I tried gnome-mobile and that is working (though it is quite laggy). Anyone have luck getting plasma-mobile to install recently?

Will keep on trying. Going to try crymson with plasma-mobile first (Librem 5 and KDE Plasma mobile - #30 by lgtmak).

The librem5-flash-image script seems to be broken for me:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/jack/Development/_external/librem5/librem5-flash-image/./scripts/librem5-flash-image", line 538, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
             ^^^^^^
  File "librem5/librem5-flash-image/./scripts/librem5-flash-image", line 521, in main
    flash_image(uuu_target, args.debug)
  File "librem5/librem5-flash-image/./scripts/librem5-flash-image", line 351, in flash_image
    subprocess.check_call(['uuu', uuu_target])
  File "/usr/lib/python3.11/subprocess.py", line 413, in check_call
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['uuu', './tmp_librem5-flash-image_y9jnn12b/flash_librem5r4.lst']' returned non-zero exit status 255.
2 Likes

I got it mostly working with Mobian with their March installer with LUKS + BTRFS, but couldn’t figure out how to get KDE Discover working/appearing. I have it working now via Mobian on top of the original Phosh (most recent installer with LUKS + BTRFS), after I resolved package dependency issues. I have only been using it as a tablet though, didn’t test the phone/sms.

I somehow ended up with Plasma Desktop Wayland + X11 installed as well, which probably helped get it working, but I want to remove these sometime soon, as the login screen is now too small

2 Likes

Use a recent version of Debian or its derivatives on a USB drive, then follow the instructions again:

Otherwise, use the thread I linked and the instructions I provided within it.