Please Stop Crimson Dev and Fix Byzantium bugs first

Which doesn’t contradict what I said. :wink:

1 Like

OPINION:
Then sell them as computers, not as The Second Coming.
For someone that just wants a working phone that can send and receive texts with images, voice calls and deal with email, I’ve had to learn and remember several commands,
Bottom line is, it’s flogged as a phone that is the same as the duops but with added super privacy.

The PureOS Store represents what software is available, if the ‘store’ ever loads - which I have only seen work twice, is a reflection of Puri’s ability to manage even that well enough to make use of it.
The ‘fix’ is to get something called a flatpak or venture into the rabbit hole that resembles Git. another thing t have to learn.

There are a list of many other issues with Byzantium. And now to press ahead with Crimson without making Byzantium work first is not something that attracts investments.
What will attract buyers is a device that works and well supported software. I’ve been waiting for the PureOS store to open for 15 minutes. To me, it mans there are none and the Icon for the store leads to another dead end.

The expression ‘If it works, don’t fix it’ holds true but for the L5, “If it doesn’t work fix” it should be the goal.
Quote is mine.

This discussion can go between the hobbyists and wanna be happy users could go on and on after each new PurreOS remakes. So I’ll leave this useless request where it is and get back to using the L5 - untuil the next undocumented repair is needed.

~s

2 Likes