I tried to install PureOS 10 on my laptop which has a Ryzen 5800H and grub gives an error “no suitable video mode found”. I already tried to install Ubuntu just to test and it works perfectly. After a search I saw that maybe a firmware of kernel is needed but I dont have any idea. Can you please advice me on what to do ? My laptop is Xiaomi MI Notebook 2021
I tried this but with no luck
- https://www.supergrubdisk.org/super-grub2-disk/ <- download super grub disk, burn it to separate drive
- use pureos live (not installer media) on second drive
- boot super-grub2-disk
- put pureos live media to usb, and select detect grub.cfg
- boot pureos -> when I boot I get initramfs console…
- you will get commandline as pureos will not able to start wayland/Xorg
- nano /etc/apt/sources.list , add line:
deb http://ftp.pl.debian.org/debian/ bullseye non-free
- apt update
- apt install firmware-amd-graphics
- service gdm restart
Are there Linux drivers for your graphics card that are not proprietary? Ubuntu will ship with proprietary graphics drivers while PureOS will not.
Based on this, yes.
I’m having the same problem. I’m not good with Linux. I’m running an ASUS N4020
I haven’t tried everything you have. I’m actually getting to that point with a different installer. The one suggested by purism makes the flash drive invisible to the PC
I suppose no support ?