Problems with flatpack installation

I’m trying the install the following, but it seems to be not complete at the end, even if it says Installation complete.:

sudo flatpak install goodvibes
Looking for matches?
Found similar ref(s) for ?goodvibes? in remote ?flathub? (system).
Use this remote? [Y/n]: 
Found ref ?app/io.gitlab.Goodvibes/aarch64/stable? in remote ?flathub? (system).
Use this ref? [Y/n]: 

io.gitlab.Goodvibes permissions:
    ipc                     network                   fallback-x11        pulseaudio
    wayland                 x11                       dri                 file access [1]
    dbus access [2]         bus ownership [3]

[1] xdg-run/dconf, ~/.config/dconf:ro
    [2] ca.desrt.dconf
    [3] org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.Goodvibes

ID                               Branch      Op      Remote       Download
 1. [?] io.gitlab.Goodvibes.Locale       stable      i       flathub        7.0?kB / 65.7?kB
 2. [?] io.gitlab.Goodvibes              stable      i       flathub      254.9?kB / 411.4?kB

Installation complete.

Note the question marks [?] and in the last column the download does not match what should be downloaded.

What could I do?

Going out on a limb here … I think you have a character set problem. A bunch of characters are not displaying properly and are displaying as ? instead. What locale have you set?

I’m SSH’ed to it and have locale set:

purism@pureos:~$ env | egrep 'TERM|LANG|LC'
TERM=rxvt-unicode-256color

Maybe the TERM is not supported by PureOS…

1 Like

Definitely test that too. On a basic xterm I have TERM=xterm-256color, LANG= something.UTF-8 and Unicode characters work fine in the terminal.

It looks better with export LANG=en_US.UTF-8 but the downloaded numbers, for example 254.9 kB / 411.4 kB still are looking crazy.