Problems with PureOS

Hi there. I have problems.
My computer was freezing. Then I installed firmwire for realtek from debian repos. It fixed problems that sudo dmesg gives me, but when I’m using Ardour it still froze very often. Maybe It’s because I’m using kxstudio repo for plugins? Give me a sign if it’s a cause of problems. I don’t see something red in my terminal using sudo dmesg.

And one another problem is that I can’t for some reason install vst plugins for obs with wine. When I trying launch wine it gives that:

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
wine32:i386 : Depends: libc6:i386 (>= 2.17) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libwine:i386 (= 1.8.7-2) but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: wine:i386 (= 1.8.7-2)
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

What can you suggest with this?

I’ll be very appreciated if you will help me with this 2 problems :slightly_smiling_face:

And I use this kernel:
4.19.0-14-rt-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Debian 4.19.171-2 (2021-01-30) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Are you using PureOS? It appears as if you’re using Debian, so the problems may not be with PureOS.

We’ll likely need much more information about your system, like which OS are you actually running and which version of that OS.

1 Like

If you are running PureOS, be advised that it is i686 only. 386 is not supported, which is why Wine is telling you it can’t install those packages.

1 Like

… and like what hardware it is running on.

1 Like